Ph. 828.524.6467 ~ Fax 828.524.0684
Principal: Barry Woody ~ Vice Principals: Pam Roper, Blair King
Every student will be provided with the tools and opportunities to graduate from high school, to be globally competitive for work and post-secondary education, and to be a positive influence in the 21st century.
Our students deserve the opportunity to learn to their individual potentials and become globally competitive in the 21st century. Our students will become lifelong learners and citizens of high moral character.
Goals for 2018-2019
- To promote high student performance via mastering essential knowledge
- To promote a healthy, safe, orderly and caring school environment
- To promote and retain quality teachers, staff and administrators
Franklin High School has operated on the 4×4 block schedule since 1995. We offer many extracurricular opportunities through sports, clubs and music. Our curriculum offers a wide variety of electives, as well as Advanced Placement, and SCC courses. Typically, 66% of the students take the SAT and 78% of the students go on to some type of post-secondary educational setting.
School Improvement Plan Goals
- Quality teachers, administrators and staff
- High student performance
- Effective and efficient operation
- Strong family, business and community support
- Safe, orderly and caring school climate
School Mascot: Panther
School Colors: Red and White